Saturday, June 9, 2012


Nicholas is more than eager to do his own buttons when he dresses, but he isn't just can't cope with the teeny ones on his clothes.

I have seen a lot of 'button snakes' on Montessori-influenced blogs, but I didn't want to overwhelm him with lots of things to attach. So I made this:

 The button is about an inch across. It is attached to a long ribbon to make it easier to manipulate, and which can also be used as a 'button snake' once Nikki is confident using the buttonhole (or once I have made the extra pieces!).

True to form, once he listened to my instructions, Nikki picked this up quickly. He still needs to figure out how to make both hands cooperate, but he gets the button through more often than not.

No comments:

Post a Comment