Friday, July 15, 2011

Spooning Fun

Nicholas really enjoys spooning at the moment, apart from at mealtimes (when he can't get the food in quick enough and resorts to fingers or my assistance)!

As a game, he really enjoys it. He even collected his bowl and spoon when I gave him a snack of raisins, so that he could spoon them out of the pot before eating them!

But his absolute favourite is spooning cakes. I bought about 50 dolls-house cakes off ebay a while ago, thinking that they would be good for various sorting-type activities (there are four colours) and the moment he saw them, he wanted to play. Now he asks for them every time he spots the box.


He carefully spoons the cakes from his red bowl into a little glass jar. He likes the clink they make when landing in the jar.


Sometimes the cakes make a detour on the way...


Don't worry, though, he doesn't actually put them in his mouth. Just pretend eating!

1 comment:

  1. Interestingly, I think that if I was spooning those cakes from a bowl to a jar, I'd be tempted to just see if they taste good... probably more so than Nikki evidently is!

    ReplyDelete