Tuesday, May 10, 2011

My Boy Speaks Russian!!!

For the last few days, Nikki has been pointing down towards his nappy and saying poo. Now, I assumed he was being a typical boy and was somewhat frustrated that he seemed to be talking about a dirty nappy when in fact it wasn't. I decided maybe he meant his bottom hurts (he has a nasty rash).

This evening when I was talking in Russian as he was getting ready for bed, I did the usual naming of the body parts. I asked him where my bellybutton was - he pointed at it and said poo. In Russian, bellybutton is poopok. All week my darling son has been telling me where his bellybutton is and showing off that he actually *knows* the Russian and will say it (rather than parroting me asI am never sure that he understands what he's saying) and I thought he was amusing himself with toilet words!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go, Nikki! Поздравляю! You have a very proud Auntie Sammy, who is looking forward to seeing you again soon. :)

    I think this is a wonderful little story, by the way - poor Nikki was attempting to prove his learning and you thought he was talking about poop! :D

    ReplyDelete